Woodstock Heroic Windbell - Grand, Antique Copper
Add deep resonating sounds to your outdoor space with this outdoor windbell. Featuring a large 52 inch size and traditional antique copper finish, this windbell is engineered to last and impress. The handcrafted bell is activated by the wind. It functions nicely as a welcome bell at any home entrance in addition it's also perfect for a garden or patio. Woodstock tunes their bells to unite two important ways the instrument vibrates. One is the sound of the bell itself and the other is the hollow chamber inside the bell that acts like an organ pipe. The slots on the sides of the bell are the secret to this unique coupling. The result is a rich sound with much depth and beauty. This steel bell has been coated with a handsome, durable finish, so you can enjoy it for years to come.
Features of the Antique Copper Heroic Windbell-Grand:
- Overall dimensions: 52" L x 8" diameter, weighs approximately 18.2 lbs, so it is the perfect size for your outdoor space.
- Bell is made from antique copper coated steel and the windcatcher is made from antique copper coated aluminum. The Clapper is made from black finished ash wood.
- Each package includes one Grand Antique Copper Heroic Windbell.
- Windbell is toned to unite two important ways the instrument vibrates. One is the sound of the bell itself and the other is the hollow chamber inside the bell that acts like an organ pipe.
Maintaining Your Woodstock Chimes
Every part of a Woodstock Chime is weather protected. Over time, however, those layers of protection can begin to wear. To enjoy your Woodstock Chime for years to come, we suggest you hang it in an area that is not exposed to long term direct sunlight and periodically clean it with a damp cloth and mild detergent. In addition, here are some simple maintenance tips:
Woodstock Chimes tubes are made of anodized aluminum that will not rust when exposed to the elements. However, over time, the aluminum may show pitting as a result of environmental factors. Please note this will not affect the beautiful tones of your chimes. If necessary, use mild soap and water (or a foaming, non-abrasive cleanser) to clean the tubes. You can also use very fine #0000 steel wool to polish and restore your aluminum tubes.
Powder-Coated Aluminum Tubes
If your powder-coated tubes need cleaning, use mild soap and water (or a foaming, non-abrasive cleanser) to clean the tubes. Do not use steel wool or any abrasive cleaner, as this will scratch the powder-coated finish.
Periodically, apply a thin layer of exterior use Danish or lemon oil with a clean cloth to the wood parts. Regular oiling will help protect the wood and retard the natural aging process.
Brass parts can be cleaned with brass cleaner or left to naturally age and patina.
To extend the life of your chime:
- Hang your chime in an area protected from direct sunlight or heavy winds. Excellent locations include under a porch overhang or in a shady tree.
- Bring your chimes in during extreme weather or windstorms.
- If you live in the north, bring your chimes in during the harsh winter months and store it in an unheated area, such as a shed or garage.
- Occasionally wipe off your chimes with a damp cloth to remove any build-up or mold.
- Every spring, provide added weather protection by applying a coat of varnish on your chime (you'll want to wipe off the chime before doing this!)
|Package Contents||1 wind chime|
I own other Woodstock wind chimes and appreciate the quality. Serenity Health had the best price on this wind chime; better than Amazon, and way better than the art show where I first learned about the wind chime.