Woodstock 24 in. Beachcomber Aluminum Chime
Make your porch, patio or garden exceptionally serene and enjoyable with a set of Woodstock Chimes. The soothing sounds of the beautiful Beachcomber windchimes will give your outdoor space extra comfort as it transports you to the seashore both visually and musically. Tuned to a beautiful pentatonic scale found all over the planet, many classical composers wrote music using both this scale and the theme of oceans, most notably Debussy's La Mer, the song that emits from this beautiful chime. We know that you can't always judge a set of chimes by their cover - it's best to hear them before you buy! Make sure to listen to these Woodstock windchimes here so you can experience how beautifully precise they are.
The chime's color palette looks wonderful in any coastal environment. Featuring soft pastels and other hues that echo the many shades of water and the white sandy beaches of the coast, these chimes make the perfect beach patio decor or seaworthy gift. Whether you live on the coast or dream of the ocean, the Woodstock 24-inch Beachcomber Aluminum Chime can help relax your mind and spirit. Make sure to check out the care instructions below to learn all about how to keep your high-quality Woodstock chimes in great shape.
Features of the Woodstock 24" Beachcomber Chime:
- Overall length: 24" so it is sure to make an elegant statement in your outdoor space.
- Chimes are made from aluminum and have 5 aluminum tubes painted with a silver finish.
- The bright blush color reflects the sun-bleached textures of the coast.
- Tuned to a beautiful pentatonic scale found all over the planet, this chime transports us to the seashore both visually and musically
- Chimes are tuned to Debussy's La Mer.
- Chimes come with a 1-year warranty and a lifetime tuning guarantee.
About Woodstock Chimes
Created by professional musician Garry Kvistad, Woodstock Chimes feature original and innovative designs that will add beauty and elegance to your home. Each chime has been tuned to create the purest, most beautiful musical intervals. Kvistad incorporates tunings of scales from many different cultures throughout the world to create unique, inspiring sounds and styles. It's easy to find the chime that's right for you at Woodstock, home of the original precision-tuned wind chime. Woodstock Percussion Wind Chimes are tuned using a computerized tuning process in order to achieve incomparably beautiful sound. These wind chimes also use an ancient tuning system known as just intonation. Because these notes fall between the notes of a piano (which is tuned using the modern equal temperament system), the chime has a unique, authentic quality. The frequencies at which the different tubes vibrate are integrally related, thus producing the purest musical intervals. Once you hear the beautiful tones created by these magical chimes, you will understand why they are so popular around the world.
Maintaining Your Woodstock Chimes
Every part of a Woodstock Chime is weather protected. Over time, however, those layers of protection can begin to wear. To enjoy your Woodstock Chime for years to come, we suggest you hang it in an area that is not exposed to long term direct sunlight and periodically clean it with a damp cloth and mild detergent. In addition, here are some simple maintenance tips:
Woodstock Chimes tubes are made of anodized aluminum that will not rust when exposed to the elements. However, over time, the aluminum may show pitting as a result of environmental factors. Please note this will not affect the beautiful tones of your chimes. If necessary, use mild soap and water (or a foaming, non-abrasive cleanser) to clean the tubes. You can also use very fine #0000 steel wool to polish and restore your aluminum tubes.
Powder-Coated Aluminum Tubes
If your powder-coated tubes need cleaning, use mild soap and water (or a foaming, non-abrasive cleanser) to clean the tubes. Do not use steel wool or any abrasive cleaner, as this will scratch the powder-coated finish.
Periodically, apply a thin layer of exterior use Danish or lemon oil with a clean cloth to the wood parts. Regular oiling will help protect the wood and retard the natural aging process.
To extend the life of your chime:
- Hang your chime in an area protected from direct sunlight or heavy winds. Excellent locations include under a porch overhang or in a shady tree.
- Bring your chimes in during extreme weather or windstorms.
- If you live in the north, bring your chimes in during the harsh winter months and store it in an unheated area, such as a shed or garage.
- Occasionally wipe off your chimes with a damp cloth to remove any build-up or mold.
- Every spring, provide added weather protection by applying a coat of varnish on your chime (you'll want to wipe off the chime before doing this!)
|Package Contents||1 Set of Wind Chimes|
Sunnydaze Hand-Tuned Aluminum Wind Chime with Bamboo Clapper, Multiple Sizes AvailableVideo Available