Sunnydaze Solar Pump and Solar Panel Kit With Battery Pack and LED Light, 79 GPH, 47-Inch Lift
Create a DIY/homemade water fountain, convert an electric fountain to solar power with battery backup (when you connect a 1/4" diameter hose to this pump), or add a festive spray to your pond or birdbath, with this solar panel-and-pump kit. Capable of projecting water 47" into the air, this kit is ideal for manmade outdoor ponds and birdbaths that maintain at least 6" of water. To assemble, connect the solar-panel, pump, and LED light each directly to the battery box via their attached cords cords, plugging them into their designated outlets. The battery box face has buttons that control the connected components.
To engage/disengage the pump and light, use the "POWER ON/OFF" button; to set the unit to draw solar power, push the central "Sun Battery" button so that the green light above "Sun" is on. To switch to battery power, push the "Sun Battery" button so that the green light above "Battery" is illuminated. The WATER FLOW button allows you to increase/decrease the water pressure created by the pump. Please note that the solar panel must be in direct sunlight to charge the battery, and/or power the pump via solar energy.
Features of the Solar Pump and Panel Kit:
- Fountain pump dimensions: 2.5" L x 2.25" H x 2" W; Battery box: 5" W x 4" D x 5.25" H; Solar panel: 8" H x 7.5" W.
- Kit enables you to convert smaller electric fountains to solar power; it also can create a fountain spray in shallow ponds.
- Each kit includes: the battery box; a 7.5V-12V DC brushless pump with attached 16' cord; a 3W solar panel with attached 76" cord; a ground stake to secure the solar panel; an LED light with attached 16' cable; six spray heads; and four 2.5" extension tubes.
- Please note that the battery box is not designed to be submerged under water.
- The pump in this kit can be placed in birdbaths, in which case you likely will not use the extension tubes.
- To toggle between solar or battery power, use the "Sun Battery" button located on the battery box.
- The solar-on-demand features allows your fountain to run with our without sunlight. When sunny, the solar panel will both power the pump a provide a charge to the battery pack, which collects and stores it for use when it is dark or cloudy. To operate the unit this way, turn it on, and press the "Sun Battery" button so that the light above "Sun" is turned on. To run the pump on battery power, make sure the unit is on, and then press the "Sun Battery" button so that the light above "Battery" is illuminated.
- The included LED light *only* engages at night, and turns on/off automatically.
- Sunnydaze Decor backs its products with a 1-year manufacturer's warranty for worry-free operation.
**If you have a special occasion where you wanted the pump to run only in the evening this can be done too. During the day push the "POWER ON/OFF" button to turn off all of the lights; next, hold down the "POWER ON/OFF" button for 5 seconds until you see all lights are flashing, the batteries will then charge. Battery backup will run about 4 hours if fully charged, once depleted you can select the SUN/BATTERY button to power the fountain via solar energy and the pump will resume running when the sun comes back out.
General Information: Water flow is 79 GPH with maximum lift of 47". The pump comes with adapters so you can make your own waterfall or convert an electric fountain to a solar powered fountain. The pump fits the inside diameter of a hose of 1/4". If you connect the pump to a 1/4" diameter hose the lift is 47".
The battery generally lasts between 12-18 months, but with repeated charges and discharge cycles the battery will become less efficient and battery capacity may reduce. If the battery does appear less efficient you may try and boost charge it. In order to boost charge the battery you must leave off for 2-3 sunny days to allow maximum charge to the battery. If the boost charge does not help the battery than you will need to replace it. Contact us for replacement batteries.
This kit comes with two 16' cables, one for the lights and one for the pump, for the pump and LED light to connect to the solar panel. For an additional purchase, you can add a 16' cable extension pack for your pump and LED light, giving you 32 feet for placement of your solar panel.
Some Helpful Q & As About the Operation of this Solar Pump and Panel Kit:
Q: How do you know when the battery is charging, what buttons need to be pushed?
A: The charging light will flash when the battery is charging; the "POWER ON/OFF" button need to be pressed before charging.
Q: When does the charging light turn on?
A: When the system is on, and solar panel is in direct sunlight, the charging light will light up.
Q : When does the battery light turn on?
A: When the battery power is low or drained, the "LOW bat." light will flash
Q: How do you charge the battery without running the pumps?
A:. Push the "POWER ON/OFF" button to turn off all lights. Next, hold down the "POWER ON/OFF" button for 5 seconds until you see that all the lights are flashing, now you can charge the battery only, without the pump running.
|Package Contents||1 Pump, 1 Solar Panel, 6 Spray Heads, 4 Extension Tubes, 1 Battery Pack, 1 LED Light|
This is a well built solar pump. We put it in a fountain we already had but could not use because we did not have electricity to it. We placed it in the center of our front yard and it pumps three levels quite well. It has plenty of adjustments included and was easy to put together. I was so pleased I sent one to my daughter for her birthday.