Sunnydaze Two-Tier Pineapple Solar-on-Demand Fountain, Black Finish, 46 Inch Tall
If you are looking for something other than the traditional grey or earthy brown color and have more of an eye for modern decorating, this black two-tier pineapple solar fountain might be just what you are looking for. It has a classic two-tier design and features a graceful, curvy silhouette. Made from durable polyresin, it looks strikingly similar to natural stone, yet is less expensive and significantly lighter in weight. Not just about a pretty face, this outdoor fountain is designed as a self-sustaining fountain that is able to continuously pump water. Some fountains only run on an electric pump that is plugged into a standard outlet; others are only powered by solar energy. With the Sunnydaze Two-Tier Pineapple Solar-on-Demand Fountain with Solar-On-Demand you get the benefit of it being powered multiple ways.
The term solar-on-demand means it runs by solar power when it is placed in direct sunlight, but also has a battery unit that is storing energy which will power the fountain on overcast or cloudy days. On the solar powered mode, the fountain will run directly from solar energy; however, the one caveat is that the pump will only work in bright and sunny conditions. On the battery mode, you can power your fountain for up to four hours on cloudy days or at night. The battery will now power the pump. When the battery power is depleted, the system will automatically change back to solar power mode; if there is cloud cover, it will not run, but will start again once there is sufficient sunlight. Solar-on-demand offers a wonderful combination of solar energy and consistent performance. This fountain offers the new dry run protection technology so if the fountain runs low on water the pump will automatically shut off to prevent your pump from burning out and needing to be replaced.
Features of the 2-Tier Black Pineapple Solar on Demand Birdbath:
- Overall dimensions: 22.5" D x 46" H; weighs 22 lbs.
- Pedestal: 24" H; Bottom bowl is 5" Deep; Pineapple is 6" H; Pedestal diameter at bottom is 10".
- Durable, polyresin material makes the fountain lightweight and easy to move.
- Fountain includes solar-powered pump and 9" W x 7" L solar panel with built-in battery pack.
- The solar-on-demand technology allows your fountain to run in and out of the sun.
- 16' cord from solar panel to pump.
- Dry protection pump means that if water runs low, the pump will shut off to prolong the life of the pump.
- An adjustable pump allows you to set the water flow levels
- Features a four-hour timer set. With this timer, it will keep running for four hours, then it turns off to save power. You will need to turn the pump back on to start the pump again.
- During freezing weather, the fountain needs to be brought indoors or completely emptied, dried out and covered well.
- Sunnydaze Decor backs its products with a 1-year manufacturer's warranty for worry-free operation.
You can see video of this fountain in action by selecting the video button above.
*Color can vary slightly on each fountain. Lighting can be different indoors and out as well as differences in computer monitor lighting. Some fountains may appear darker because of lighting conditions. Therefore, slight color variation is not a cause for return.
Dry Run Protection Pump Technology:Typical pumps continue to run when the fountain is low on water or runs dry causing the pump to burn out and need to be replaced. This fountain includes new dry run protection technology so if the fountain runs low on water the pump will automatically shut off to save the life of your pump.
The Battery Pack:The lifespan of a battery generally lasts between 12-18 months, but with repeated charges and discharge cycles the battery capacity may reduce. You can try to boost charge the battery by leaving it off for 2-3 sunny days to allow maximum charge. If the boost charge does not help the battery than you will need to replace it. Open the battery cover on the back of the solar panel and replace the batteries with 4 standard AA size rechargeablebatteries.
For an additional purchase, an electric battery charger is also available. If there are several cloudy days in a row where the solar panel cannot recharge the batteries fully, you can unplug the solar panel, bring it inside, and plug it into a standard outlet with this battery charger to recharge the batteries.
|Package Contents||1 fountain; 1 solar panel; 1 solar battery pack; 1 submersible pump; 1 - 16' cord|
We are enjoying the looks and sound of the fountain