With the hustle and bustle of the Holidays behind us, some of us are just happy to be back to the norm while others struggle with a plan to get through the winter and stay motivated until the warm weather comes.ÃÂ Some may have made New Years resolutions that are now in full swing and some may have just vowed to relax and take more time for themselves.ÃÂ Whatever your mood, motivation or plan is for the coming months here are some ways to beat the winter blues.
1. Give your favorite room a face lift.ÃÂ This doesnt mean you have to go out and spend thousands on new furniture, it means keep it simple, affordable, bright, fun and you have a feel good room to retreat to every day!ÃÂ There are some great deals out there right now for closeouts so stores can make room for new styles so try a new color with a throw rug, pillows and a new cozy blanket and you have a new look to old furniture in an instant.ÃÂ Buy some new candles and table accents or lamps and you have a new look to your current tables.ÃÂ Or, how about a new wall hanging?ÃÂ Something that makes your walls pop!ÃÂ Color, running water, wall art that is vibrant are all possibilities.
2. Start a new hobby.ÃÂ Even if you cant quite bring yourself to LOVE the cold outdoors and go for a brisk walk (which is guaranteed to wake you up), try reading a new kind of book, try a craft, puzzle, scrapbooking, something new to look forward to at the end of a long day.ÃÂ If exercise or eating right was a New Years resolution, tie that into your new hobby.ÃÂ Cooking can be a wonderful hobby as well as exercise and there are so many home workouts that can be done in as little as 30 minutes!
3. This easy tip is sure to boost moods according to Health.com.ÃÂ Grab a bunch of flowers, like gerbera daisies, for your desk or living room. A Harvard study showed that fresh flowers make you feel less anxious.
4. Another mood enhancing, stress relieving technique from Health.com that I liked (as I am always trying to find new yummy scents for my home).ÃÂ Simmer a pot of water, apples, and cinnamon sticks on the stove for a lift. The spicy scent eases stress, helps headaches, and increases alertness.
5. Finally, the way you wake up can affect your entire day and time and time again, experts have sworn on this concept.ÃÂ Waking up to a soothing sound or dawn simulator as opposed to a blaring alarm clock or annoying beep can start your day off onÃÂ much more pleasant note.ÃÂ This can be accomplished by a nature alarm clock or dawn simulator alarm clock.ÃÂ Well worth the low investment and you will be surprised how much more relaxed you feel as you awaken.ÃÂ Check out many styles at SerenityHealth.com.
Source: Health.com: http://www.health.com/health/gallery/0,,20332932,00.html